If you and your man are not exactly hitting it off at the moment, there could be many reasons for this; relationship issues are not always connected with a third party, and with that in mind, here are a few aspects that might have something to do with a cooling romance.
- Spending too Much Time with his Friends – If you never complain about his going out, then he might simply assume that you don’t mind him going to the pub in the evenings. One thing you can do is order some Hairyman’s best beer in Sydney from a leading microbrewery, which is guaranteed to keep him home. You probably know his favourite beer type, which can ensure that you choose one he will love and he’ll get a nice surprise when he opens the fridge.
- Have a Frank Discussion – There’s no reason why two adults can’t sit down and discuss where their relationship is going and if you choose the right time, you might discover what it is that is bothering him. Think about how you might approach the subject and make sure that you keep things positive and listen to what he has to say.
- Book a Romantic Holiday for the New Year – There’s nothing quite like a romantic getaway on a tropical island paradise to kindle that romance of the past. As we are all expecting the pandemic to be over shortly, you should make a surprise booking while you still can and surprise him later. Here is a great article that explores alternatives to traditional marriage, which makes for an interesting read.
- Get Involved with his Hobby – In the event your partner has a hobby or pastime that he spends his free time with, why not get involved? At least you will get to spend more time together and if he doesn’t really have a hobby, why not take up one together? You could each invest in a mountain bike and spend the weekends exploring the many trails to be found in your area.
- Book a Table at his Favourite Restaurant – This would be a nice surprise and after a great meal, you can talk about things in general to try and discover if something is bothering him. If the ambience is right, he might open up about what is troubling him and it might be about work and nothing to do with your relationship.
- Arrange to see a Relationship Counsellor – While some people feel uncomfortable talking to a stranger about their relationship, sitting down with an impartial person who is experienced in counselling can often get to the root of the problem. Many couples have seen their relationship greatly improve after a series of counselling sessions and if all else fails, you have nothing to lose by suggesting you both see a relationship counsellor. Click here for Australian government advice for couples in a relationship.
Keeping a relationship healthy can take some effort and when two people start to take each other for granted, this can be the start of problems. If you both agree that things could be better, then you are halfway there and with some calm discussion, things would probably improve.